Thursday, July 14, 2011

Roller Skating

Mazzy and Gwen lined up to race.

This summer, the heat has been like an oven and most days have been over 100 degrees. SO, I decided we should go indoors--to some place cold--and we went roller skating. It was fun, and Owen was like a noodle basically running on the skates, and Truett spent more time on his butt than standing and skating. But after we got to do the hokey pokey and the limbo, who cares how many times we fell?

There was an option to rent this PVC pipe contraption, which resembled a walker, for the kids to use while getting the hang of it. I actually thought it looked quite geriatric, and JZ and I started calling these 2 little girls who lapped the place with their walkers "The Golden Girls". It was hysterical. Truett tried the walker for about 1/2 lap and then he was done with it.
The boys actually convinced me to get out and "race" in the 16 and older female division. I came in second (there were only 3 of us out there) and since I can't really stop myself on skates, I ended up crashing and burning to stop at the end of the race. But it was still a really fun time for everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment